Since last summer, BNSSG-based GP practices have provided physical health checks to an increasing number of patients on the serious mental illness (SMI) register, up from 11% to 31%. This represents very positive progress, but there's still some way to go to reach (and exceed) the 60% national target.
This informative webinar is open to all primary care staff, and it is hoped all practices will send a representative -- whether it be a GP, practice manager, GPN, etc. Attendees will be able to take useful ideas back to their practices, to continue and further embed physical health checks for SMI patients.
This event's aims are as follows:
- Better understand the health inequality and put the physical health checks into the context of of health improvement
- Give participants a range of information about SMI physical health improvement and ideas to take away for use in their own practices
- Hear from a GP practice about their success in providing physical health checks and health improvement interventions
- Hear the patient's view and from the peer support pilot project
- Understand the importance of drawing cancer screening into the physical health check
- Share good practice in the practical management and administration of physical health checks, the engagement of patients and use of EMIS
Alison Bolam (Mental Health Clinical Lead, BNSSG CCG) will be chairing this webinar, and there will be a chance to share your questions with the speakers.
Additionally, should you have any accessibility needs, please do let us know what we can do to help by contacting firstname.lastname@example.org.
BNSSG ICBOrganizer of SMI & Physical Health WebinarThe Integrated Care Board is the new organisation responsible for the day-to-day running of the NHS. The NHS Bristol, North Somerset and South Gloucestershire ICB takes account of population needs, arranges for the provision of services and manages the NHS budget. Nationally, ICBs were legally established on 1 July 2022, and Clinical Commissioning Groups were abolished.
Event is in progress
Weather data is currently not available for this location
Wind stec_replace_current_wind stec_replace_current_wind_units stec_replace_current_wind_direction
Humidity stec_replace_current_humidity %
Feels like stec_replace_current_feels_like °stec_replace_current_temp_units
stec_replace_min / stec_replace_max °stec_replace_temp_units
Next 24 Hours
Powered by Forecast.io