Brought to you by BNSSG Training Hub and North Bristol Trust (NBT), these teaching sessions will be running on Thursday 31 March and Thursday 14 April, open for FREE to an array of advanced practitioners: general practice nurses (GPNs), pharmacists, and allied health professionals (AHPs). It is expected that some attendees will have had prior education on aspects of clinical biochemistry, but this is not a requirement.
Together, these lectures will:
- Outline and discuss the process of blood sample analysis (including pre-analytical, analytical, and post-analytical steps)
- Discuss what it means to “take the right test at the right time for the right individual,” including national frameworks and guidelines to frame understanding
- Discuss clinically relevant and important biochemistry scenarios (including patient safety incidents) and the pertinent learning points relevant for advanced practitioners
The first lecture, covering the ‘Overarching principles in clinical biochemistry and pre-analytical factors’, will be on Thursday 31 March. It will run from 12.30 – 13.30, and have breakout rooms to discuss scenarios in which blood tests have had to be re-done and why.
The second lecture, covering ‘Clinical biochemistry scenarios’, will be on Thursday 14 April. It will run from 12.30 – 14.00, and provide an interactive opportunity to discuss clinical scenarios brought to the session by attendees.
- North Bristol NHS TrustOrganizer of Clinical Biochemistry for Advanced Practitioners Lecture #1North Bristol NHS Trust (NBT) has over 8,000 staff providing healthcare services across Southmead Hospital Bristol, Cossham Hospital, Bristol Centre for Enablement, and within the local community of Bristol and South Gloucestershire.
- BNSSG Training HubOrganizer of Clinical Biochemistry for Advanced Practitioners Lecture #1Funded by Health Education England, the Hub's role is to unite and support all members of primary, community, social, and voluntary care within Bristol, North Somerset, and South Gloucestershire.
Event is in progress
Weather data is currently not available for this location
Wind stec_replace_current_wind stec_replace_current_wind_units stec_replace_current_wind_direction
Humidity stec_replace_current_humidity %
Feels like stec_replace_current_feels_like °stec_replace_current_temp_units
stec_replace_min / stec_replace_max °stec_replace_temp_units
Next 24 Hours
Powered by Forecast.io