Do you need to brush up on your knowledge and management of skin lesions? Does your practice have a dermatoscope, but you haven't had the training to use it?
Back by popular demand, this training will be running once more this year, again delivered by Dr. Chin Whybrew, an experienced GP with a passion for primary care dermatology (and dermoscopy in particular).
These sessions are FREE to attend and open to any primary care clinician who assesses skin lesions. If you have not attended this training before, please attend the sessions in sequence, as they do build on one another.
For those clinicians who have attended the course previously, you are very welcome to do so again, but there is a "refresher session" available.
This half-day, virtual Part 1 session will be delivered via Zoom and cover the following:
- How dermoscopy works and practical tips, including how to get good dermoscopy photos and troubleshooting tips
- A practical demonstration of the commonly-used scopes, including how to turn it on, focus it, charge it, clean it, etc.
- Interpretation of dermoscopic structures in benign lesions (seb K, angiomas, warts, dermatofibromas, sebaceous hyperplasia, comedones), BCCs, and melanomas -- and how this always needs to be taken in clinical context
- How to put this all together into a simple algorithm
- Other uses of dermoscopy in primary care
BNSSG ICBOrganizer of Online Dermoscopy for Beginners Part 1The Integrated Care Board is the new organisation responsible for the day-to-day running of the NHS. The NHS Bristol, North Somerset and South Gloucestershire ICB takes account of population needs, arranges for the provision of services and manages the NHS budget. Nationally, ICBs were legally established on 1 July 2022, and Clinical Commissioning Groups were abolished.
Event is in progress
Weather data is currently not available for this location
Wind stec_replace_current_wind stec_replace_current_wind_units stec_replace_current_wind_direction
Humidity stec_replace_current_humidity %
Feels like stec_replace_current_feels_like °stec_replace_current_temp_units
stec_replace_min / stec_replace_max °stec_replace_temp_units
Next 24 Hours
Powered by Forecast.io